Gary Goodman operates Energy Construction, LLC. working to make homes in the Capital Region comfortable, safe, and energy efficient since 1979 using the latest technology to analyze and correct building performance issues.
Gary Goodman is a Level 1 and Level 2 certified thermographer, specializing in building science. He graduated from SUNY Albany in 1978 with a degree in Environmental Studies, and received a Masters in Elementary Education in 1992 from the College of Saint Rose in Albany NY.
Goodman formed Energy Construction, LLC., in 1979 and has been weatherizing residential structures in the Albany NY area since then. Gary began using blower door technology in the early 1990’s and evolved into a Home Performance Contractor.
He is triple certified by the Building Performance Institute in the Shell Analysis, BA and Heating Professional. Gary has been using FLIR infrared cameras since 2005, to analyze for energy losses in the building’s shell and heating systems. He also utilizes blower door technology in conjunction with infrared imaging for a more accurate energy assessment.
Gary Goodman has been a member of the Building Performance Contractors Association. He is also a member of the Better Business Bureau and his business is listed on Dunn & Bradstreet.
Certifications and Training Experience
• Triple Certified in Shell Analysis and Shell Correction and Heating Specialist fields by the Building Performance Institute
• Level 1 & 2 Certified Thermographer specializing in the building science area
• In 2006 and 2007, conducted clinics for FLIR, the leading manufacturer of thermal imaging cameras at their annual conference in Las Vegas, NV on the use of infrared cameras in residential homes for energy conservation purposes.
• In 2010, I conducted a presentation on the use of infrared cameras during home energy assessment in residential homes at the Affordable Comfort Inc. and the NYS Home Performance conference in Saratoga NY.
• In 2011, I was a consultant for Masco Home Services, assisting the personnel of the WellHome Saratoga New York and Randolph New Jersey offices to understand the theories and realities of Building Performance as implemented in New York & New Jersey's Home Performance with Energy Star programs.
• Audit field training and modeling for the students at the Workforce Development Institute, Troy NY and Syracuse NY branches.
Energy Construction, LLC., was awarded the Home Performance with Energy Star Excellence in Energy Savings Award in 2001/2002 by NYSERDA.